Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A fun idea!

Before I tell you about my idea, I just have to share this ecard! Can I get an amen?! I am dead beat!
there-is-no-tired-like-end-of-year-teacher-tired--0d34a'


I saw the CUTEST pin the other day on Pinterest. It was actually not a teacher related pin, but I felt like I could adapt it to the classroom.
d8ab804d40886fe54e955c641111f762
So I went to Walmart and bought some stuff to get to work. Red, Blue and Clear spray paint, and Magnetic Letters were what I bought. (I had the poster board already)
Slide7

I started out by spreading the letters out and priming them.
Slide4

I did a couple of layers of primer, then I had to post a question on Facebook asking if vowels are red or blue. (Because I had a major brain fart Smile )
Slide3

Then (Since I was doing this outside at 10pm) our motion sensor light went out, I grabbed the closest thing I could, and threw it in front of the sensor. Weeellllllp…...
Slide6

I threw it on the roof. Thanks Hubs for getting it down Smile
Slide1


After I was done spray painting and sealing it. I moved the letters, and TADA! I have the correct colored letters AND a poster board that I am going to laminate and we will have a puzzle that my kiddos can match letters to during the fall.
Slide2