How Organizing my Word Wall saved my Sanity

word wall sanity

Hey Friends!! I hope you are having a FABULOUS summer!! I feel like mine has been flying by!!! I have made a trip to Topeka, KS to see my inlaws, a trip to Branson, MO to go shopping and am currently sitting in the airport in Dallas, TX headed to Omaha, NE. I can’t wait to share with you all WHY I am going to Omaha. It is going to be HUGE!!

 

Anywho, As I was cleaning my classroom and getting rid of all my kindergarten stuff, I came across this BRILLIANT reminder of how I used to store my word wall words. This is before I moved to magnetic words and it no longer worked.

 

Drumroll please….

13407247_713611646376_1303204379574600319_n

I had a binder with baseball card holders. Very similar to these.

61VxVSJGrrL._SL1500_

It was simple and efficient. All the words were in ABC order so if I needed the word “you” I could easily find it.

13432263_713611606456_8460129529295365784_n

Now that I am moving to PreK I won’t have quite as many words for my wall. I also have to figure out a way to store my beginning sound pictures for they are easily accessible. So if you have any ideas on how to store those other than the ziplock bags they are currently in, let me know Smile

word wall

Here is my word wall pre-sight words, but with almost all my beginning sounds pictures! The link to the vocabulary cards are here:

picture it

I can’t wait to see what this will look like in PreK!

Have a great Sunday!!
Signature 1

No comments

Post a Comment