Sight Words

So I have been thinking really hard this summer on how I am going to better my sight word instruction.

In August, I went to one of my go-to gals for sight word help. I had purchased these last year, and my kids loved them!

Slide1 (1)[4]

(Click picture to go to store)

I saw that she had recently added two new units, I threw them in my cart knowing they would be an awesome resource!

Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 11.04.48 PM[4]Screen Shot 2012-09-11 at 6.46.51 AM[4]

(Once again click image for link)

With all the hubbub of back to school I had forgotten about these jewels. I also wasn’t sure WHAT I was going to do with them.

So on Monday, I printed them off for “two” I still wasn’t sure what I was going to do with them. Then it hit me.

I had each kid stand in front of me, spell the word (This way if they couldn’t spell I could whisper) When they spelled it correctly, I gave them their “Sight Word Buck”, and they sat back down.

Money collage 2[5]

Then they stood back up again and spelled it again. and gave me their buck back in exchange for their watch. They sat back until everyone spelled “two”. When all was done. They went to their desk and colored their watch.

Sight Word Watches[4]

Then BACK to the carpet they came. Where they, yes you guessed it, had to spell their sight word, to earn their buck back.

That is a simple way that you can work on sight words. Tomorrow my kids are going to do the number four.

I can’t wait! I just purchased her “Sight Word Graphing”. So excited to try them out too. She has the best Sight Word stuff.

Make sure you go check out Annie’s blog, tell her Kaci sent ya! You won’t be sorry, I promise! (These are totally my opinions, I didn't receive anything for my review of her awesome activities)

banner_125x125_freshtweet[5]

2 comments

  1. Wow! Thanks for the shout out Kaci!! I think you must be a genius on how you made them EARN their watches..one exchange for another and they are learning/spelling sight words! AWESOME:)
    The Moffatt Girls

    ReplyDelete