Having a "ball" in Kindergarten

I am just dropping in to tell you how proud of my kinderoos I am! We had out Top Banana party

(For those of you who have not heard of Marsha’s fabulous units go NOW!)
ball words
My kids who know all their letters are “Top Bananas” then we go on to Baseball words.



We had banana splits and 24 excited kiddos! Our principal even dropped in for a minute!  We have been assessing assessing assessing all week. I am pooped! So a little celebration was wonderful. 



I have a few pictures of what we have been talking about this week to close out.
Slide1Slide2

Night Friends!

2 comments

  1. Sounds like so much fun! I'm hoping to make the move to Kindergarten this fall. A position has opened up in our district and one of my dear friends for the past ten years will be teaching right next door! I currently teach 4th grade, but am so super excited about the prospect of teaching kindergarten with a friend is making me giddy. I will book mark the Top Banana party in the hopes I will use it next year!!!!

    Lisa
    Super Pig and Tyrant King

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I have my high kids working at their own pace through Marsha's sports sight word lists through the end of the year. I'm giving a small prize when they complete each one (cracker jacks for baseball words). Since you've been doing these longer I'm wondering if you have any good ideas for reward I could give after they complete soccer words? I'm stumped!

    Pencils, and Crayons, and Books! Oh, My!

    ReplyDelete