Bugs Bugs Bugs!

I am LOVING teaching my kids about Insects! At the end of last week we started our insect unit, and began with ants. We started by watching a Magic School Bus video on Ants.

We started out the lesson by talking about the lifecycle of the ant.
Slide6
We then read this book on Ants.

Then we started a Can Have Are chart. I am a bad teacher, I accidently deleted it off my smart board before I could take a picture! So this is what I used. (You can find it in my preview of my Ant Life Cycle on TPT)
Slide22
Later this week we are going to be making a book that talks about what ants can, ants have and ants are.

As we were doing the can have are chart, we read this book to understand what makes an insect an insect.



Then we did this cutie! (Also in my preview of my Ant Life Cycle on TPT)
Slide5
(You can see the book open that I was reading while we did this)



The kids LOVED it! I was really surprised how much they retained. The book that we read, just happened to be a 1.2 AR leveled book so all my kids took a test on it, and almost all of them made a 100%!

This week we are going to do units on Butterflies, Praying Mantis, and Ladybugs.
butterflies unitSlide1Slide1



In the mean time we are starting a new set of centers.
Slide1Slide2Slide3Slide4
Working on vowel teams, sneaky e, comparing numbers and number order.


I am linking up with Mrs. WIlls again this week!



No comments

Post a Comment