All About Ladybugs!

I have not been shy to talk about how much I enjoy teaching about insects and life cycles. So as I am preparing for Insects week next week, I thought I would share what we do in our classroom! So I will start out with ladybugs, my favorite!

ladybug

We always start our thematic units with learning about the life cycle. We first read a couple of books about ladybugs. Here are a couple of my favorites. The last book is actually on BookFlix! I need to find a hard copy.

51CgTt29IEL._SY491_BO1,204,203,200_51CTJOkDw2L._SY414_BO1,204,203,200_51IeEC1y94L._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_

After I have introduced them to the ladybugs, together we create an Anchor Chart on the life cycle of a ladybug. When I start to teach an insect a day, I skip over the KWL charts. We have a general KWL chart on Insects. (if you have bought my insect life cycle unit before, I apologize, I made a mistake! I fixed it though!)


IMG_4598

We do a whole group anchor chart. then we do one of our own!

IMG_4596

This is such a nice way to see if the kids are getting the life cycle. I also use this to asses their vocabulary. My kids get a real kick out of labeling the insects. (LINK HERE)

IMG_4601a

We also look at the parts of a ladybug. We label them on the SmartBoard.
I also found this video on youtube, we will be watching this on Monday as well.


Well, I am off to fold the mountain of laundry that is on my bed! Have a great Sunday!

Mrs. Hoffer's Spot is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.

No comments

Post a Comment