Professional Development

Lookie at me! I am posting 3 days in a ROW! What?! No I am not sick! I love me a good Linky Party and some of my favorite bloggers are throwing a week long one!
293128_688171392815_88506223_n


So today is Professional Growth. I have a confession, (and if you saw my post today on Pre K and K Sharing you might know it too)  I LOVE me some =books! Look at my collection!
Slide2
I love it when Mailbox has their $50 mystery box!
I have 4 go to books that I read EVERY SUMMER!
Slide1
Debbie Diller’s Spaces and Places, Making the Most of Small Group and Literacy Work Stations. I always read Donna Whyte’s You Can’t Teach a Class You Can’t Manage.
Slide2
I own each and every one of these books. I just need to read them! I have read the Daily 5 about 4 times, I just can’t wrap my brain around it with Kinders. Our K-2 teachers are doing a book study on Teaching with Poverty in Mind. We are hoping it gives us some good tips!


Now when it comes to workshop. I love to go to workshops. We just went to one on CCSS and Differentiated Instruction. We will have another in March. These are coming from the State Department of Ed.


Then my favorite thing in the world is going to the OK Kinder Conf. I CAN’T wait to go!!
image
Shut the front door, Kim Jordano is going to be there! I can’t wait to meet her!! Also my friend Jennifer at Herding Kats tells me she is going to come too!


I have asked Hubs until I am blue in the face, and I think he has finally given in! I SOOOO want to go to National I Teach K!
image


Well there is my ideas on Professional Growth :) Now go link up with Amanda!!


3 comments

  1. Those conferences look great!! I wonder if they have them for 2nd!! Good luck with all your professional adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of your books are new to me and some are my go-to books for sure! And...I can't completely wrap my head around D5 with firsties, though kinders seems much harder to imagine. We implement bits and pieces of D5 but our district is now moving to the Teachers College Reading Workshop model.

    I would love to go to a I Teach 1st conference!!!

    Would be thrilled if you linked up in the Shout Out Linky I'm co-hosting starting January 1st.
    Growing Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog, but I am impressed. Where in Oklahoma do you teach? I am in Tulsa Public Schools.

    I have attended the OK Kindergarten Teachers conference several years, and I really enjoy it. I always come back enthused, recharged, and ready to go with great ideas for my kinders! I hope I can go again this year!

    ReplyDelete